What makes the best choice for a motorcycle helmet? The cheapest option or the one with the most beautiful aesthetics may not necessarily be the best choice. More often than not, you have to consider the quality of the materials used, the ability to withstand crash, and the comfort that it can provide, among others.
In the rest of this review, we will provide you with more insights about Duke Helmets DK-120 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet, including its set of innovative features. We believe that it is going to be one of the unrivalled choices when it comes to design and functionality. Keep on reading to know more about this helmet.
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 218 has been established by the Department of Transportation to provide guidelines on the minimum requirements for a helmet. We would like to commend this helmet as it does not only meet, but it even exceeds the minimum specifications that have been specified under FMVSS-218. This is going to provide you with the confidence that it will be able to provide unmatched safety.
The shell of the helmet is made with the use of composite poly-alloy. This is one thing that we believe is a major reason why it will make an excellent pick for the best motorcycle helmet. Such intelligent choice of material makes the helmet lightweight, yet without compensating its quality in any way.
7 Points of Ventilation
When evaluating the options that are available in the market for motorcycle helmets, ventilation is one of the most important things that should be taken into account. After all, no one would want to end up sweating just because the helmet does not attract air inside.
With the Duke Helmets DK-120 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet, you can enjoy seven different points of ventilation, including from the chin, forehead, and sides. This means that there will be multiple entries for air, and hence, allowing it to circulate efficiently. This is going to be highly contributory to the comfort that can be provided by the helmet.
Many of the helmets in the market are reported to be of low quality because the surface easily chips, and hence, within a short period of time, it will no longer look aesthetically-pleasing. This helmet, on the other hand has an innovative feature that protects the paint on the surface, making it last for an extended period.
UV Protection Clear Visor
The quality of the visor is one more thing that we would like to commend about Duke Helmets DK-120 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet. There are two visors that are included – clear and tinted. In addition, they provide exceptional clarity to make sure that you will have a clear vision of your path.
- Well-Ventilated: Many people hate wearing a helmet because they feel like they will be suffocated and that it can lead into discomfort. Fortunately, this model is designed with emphasis on comfort, which is exactly why its ventilation cannot be questioned. As mentioned, there are seven different points of ventilation to encourage improved air flow.
- Removable Liner: It is also a good thing that the liner can be removed and washed when needed. This makes it effortless to maintain its best quality through years of use. In addition, it should also be noted that the liner is hypoallergenic.
- Quick Release Chin Strap: The helmet comes with an integrated chin strap that is easy to put on and off. With the chin strap, you can be assured that the helmet will stay on a secured position throughout the time that it is worn.
- Aesthetically-pleasing Design: At first glance, it is almost impossible to not fall in love with the stylish appeal of the helmet. It has a design that is sure to captivate attention. Durable Shell: Wearing helmet is essential because of the comfort that it provides. The shell must be strong enough to withstand crash. With such, the shell of this helmet is made from advanced material that makes it rigid.
- Easy to Remove Visor: When you do not need to use the visor, having it removed will be a piece of cake. Good Fit: There are also many people who noted how the helmet is true to its size. Always refer to their sizing chart before making any purchase to know which one is the best choice.
- Excellent Padding: We also loved how there is an interior padding, which does not only add up to comfort, but also makes it provide a customized fit to its users.
- DOT-Approved: Even if you are from another country, the mere fact that it is approved by the DOT in the US can already be enough reason to have it considered. It has passed rigorous quality testing to give you the confidence about your safety.
- Liners Fall Off Easily: There are some people who revealed that the quality of the liners are quite inferior. They are not glued properly, which is why they can fall off.
- Foul Odor: There are also negative feedbacks with regards to the stinky smell that could be evident once the helmet is taken out of the box. Like in the case of any other product that is new, however, you can expect such to naturally be gone within a few days of its use.
- Disproportionate Shape: Some people have also noted that the helmet is quite big, which makes it disproportionate to the body.
The Duke Helmets DK-120 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet is indeed one of the best you can find within the product category. As it has been discussed, it offers a wealth of benefits, which include excellent ventilation, high-quality visor, and durable and aesthetically-pleasing design. It is made from materials that are not only light-weight, but also long-lasting. With all of these things, among others, you have more than enough reason to have it considered in your search for the best motorcycle helmet.
While Duke Helmets is a brand that is known for high-quality helmets, this is the most popular from their product line. It has an aerodynamic shell design, which makes the helmet lightweight in the absence of compensating its structural integrity. When it comes to comfort, you can also expect nothing but the best as it is designed with seven points of ventilation. As air can enter from multiple points, you will never feel hot when this helmet is worn, even for an extended period. To make it convenient, it comes with a quick-release chin strap that makes it easy to wear and take off the helmet.